Saturday, January 12, 2008

Photo A Day--January 12

Saturday is one of my grocery shopping days. And after I got home, I thought of getting my camera. I am so glad I did.

When ones goes grocery shopping here in Germany, they bring their own bags or baskets to pack everything into. If you use the ones at the store, you pay 10 cents to 25 cents per bag.

Like I said, Saturday is one of my grocery shopping days. I also go on Mondays and Thursdays. But Saturdays is my big day. And today was an especially big day as I drove to a further out store called Real to get things like Pasta, sauce, shampoo, cleaning supplies and all in big quantities that I don't have to go again for another month.

Aldi is where I normally shop and there I buy drinks, fruit, vegetables, bread, dairy, meats. But they only have a limited variety and they don't have everything one needs.



2 comments:

Carla said...

WOW.......so then you have tocarry all that and put it away too......after the shopping and the lugging and putting away...always makes me so tired...Thank goodness for my TEENS! Great picture!

SuzyQ said...

Wow! I can't imagine going to the grocery store that often in a week. Neat photo idea though!